Archive for November, 2014
It is time to come to grips with embracing technology– from the way we work, eat, and connect with friends, family, and potential employers- there is no denying the overwhelming prevalence of technology. Mobile development is one of the most highly segmented tech takeovers in 2014 that will continuously move forward into the New Year. Within this segment, mobile applications are becoming more popular and continuing to revolutionize the way you and I make decisions. As smartphones rapidly dominate our socially embedded culture, applications will prove to be a driving force of revenue.
The key factor behind this transition originates from consumer expectations. Customers expect to establish a connection between their brand and their smartphone. More specifically, customers are already make purchasing decisions before even entering their destination. This is a result of the constant development of mobile applications enabling and modernizing our decision making. Here are just a few of the ways mobile continues to impact our daily routine:
- Payment: Apps such as Apple Pay or Pay Pal Mobile are becoming the easier payment option for consumers. Tablets are also now featured at many restaurants which enables customers to provide payment via tableside.
- Personalization– Fast-Food Chains such as Pizza Hut are allowing customers to create their own entrees by selecting from a wide array of ingredients and input them on a pizza pie graphic. McDonalds is in the process of seeking a competitive edge in the social media and mobile segment as well. Customers can engage via social media by viewing the authenticity of their ingredients in which a Q&A is provided from McDonalds portraying where their food comes from. They are also experimenting with a variety of applications in order for customers to customize their individual hamburgers.
- Strategic Flexibility– One of the biggest challenges companies continues to face is asking the following question, “How can we make our process easier for our customers in this highly competitive market?” Let’s look at Uber- one of the current fastest growing companies on the market, whom have remodeled the concept of transportation. By taking a service that is known for being time consuming, unorganized, and at all costs frantic, and turning it into something ever so simple.
Now more than ever, our society is constantly changing due to emerging shifts in the technology field. Whether you can apply these changes in your career or within your personal life will be beneficial in numerous amount of ways. If you have any updates of how to prepare for the upcoming year, we would love to hear from you…
Did you know that how you leave the office at the end of the day has a drastic impact on tomorrow’s agenda? So, if you are that person that calls it quits right before five o’clock, you might need to start rethinking your end of the day ritual.
By making a few adjustments, and checking out our tips, your next workday morning might be a little easier on you:
- Review Tomorrow’s “To-Do’s”: This is the most important tip to implement and in most cases, the most effective. Right before the end of the day, look at your calendar for the following day so you know what lies ahead. Then, make a quick to-do list of what you need to accomplish the next day. That way you can leave work with a clear mind and be able to sleep better at night knowing what the next day holds!
- Reflection: Once you have completed the items mentioned above, go ahead and review the day’s objectives. Did you accomplish everything you wanted to? Are there any pending items or ongoing projects that requires more time? If so make sure to be a note of this as well. If needed, keep your manager in the loop so he or she is aware and knows you are on top of it.
- Follow Through with Obligations: If you have promised someone that you would get back with them by a certain day or time, make sure you provide a response. If it is necessary to follow up in the morning, be courteous and let him or her know so they are not waiting around for your answers.
- Avoid a Messy Desk: Once steps 1-3 are complete, go ahead and tidy up your desk. It will not do you any good to come into work the next morning surrounded by clutter. Come in feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day’s tasks5
- Don’t Be Sneaky: Even if you feel as if you completed the day’s goals, go above and beyond by putting in more than what is required. Do not sneak out at 4:45, tell your team members good bye at the end of the day! That way, they know you are a team player and you are not waiting until the clock strikes at 5:00 to run out the door!
By tweaking your afternoon ritual, you will not only get noticed by your manager, but other team members as well, which demonstrates you are willing to go above and beyond in your current role. This will make you more likely to earn that promotion you have been aiming for. If you have any suggestions of how to strategically end your workday, let us know…