Archive for May, 2016
If you’re a job seeker, you’ve probably heard many times how important it is to research the company before you interview with it. But it’s sometimes overwhelming to know where to start, and what to make sure and remember from all the many details about a company. So, here’s a tip. If you remember nothing else, make sure to arrive to your interview armed with these five things.
- The basic facts. It may seem obvious, but it’s also crucial that you know the name of the company, the industry, and how the position you’re interviewing for fits into the company structure.
- The required skills. It’s your job to convince the interviewer that you possess the skills they’re looking for – so make sure you know what those skills are. Then, look at your past experience, accomplishments, and strengths to help spell it out clearly why you’re a perfect fit.
- The culture. Each company has it’s own unique culture, and that culture will affect your happiness and success at the company. If the company doesn’t have a “culture” page on its website, take a look at the company’s mission statement and core values. And definitely don’t forget to check out its social media presence. It will speak volumes about the employer brand and workplace environment.
- Competitors. Check out what makes the company different from its competitors. What makes it stand out and gives it an edge? Possessing this knowledge will definitely impress the interviewer and show your enthusiasm for the company.
- Relevant news. Do a Google search for news results related to the company itself, and as well as the industry. See what’s going on, and you’ll not only feel more confident and ready to talk shop – you’ll also come across as knowledgeable, and a great fit.
It takes a little bit of work to adequately research a company before the interview. The good news is, when you work with a staffing agency and recruiters, we’ve already done much of the work for you. A great staffing agency will help prepare you for the interview by providing crucial details that will set you up for success in an interview. From there, it’s up to you to shine.
If you’re a job seeker interested in working with TRC Staffing Services, Inc., apply through our job search tool – we’d love to hear from you. You can also learn more about our rigorous and highly successful process to place you with the best companies – and in the best job positions – in the country.